Posted to dev@wicket.apache.org by Socheat KHAUV <kh...@yahoo.com> on 2007/08/28 12:29:24 UTC

Re: [vote3] released wicket 1.3.0-beta3

the wicket 1.3 beta 3 release already

go and check this trunk release.

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/wicket/releases/

----- Original Message ----
From: Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>
To: dev@wicket.apache.org
Sent: Tuesday, August 28, 2007 5:06:30 AM
Subject: Re: [vote3] release wicket 1.3.0-beta3

If no objections are made before tomorrow morning CET, I'll upload and
announce the availability.

Martijn

--
Wicket joins the Apache Software Foundation as Apache Wicket
Apache Wicket 1.3.0-beta2 is released

Sick sense of humor? Visit Yahoo! TV's
http://tv.yahoo.com/collections/222

Re: [vote3] released wicket 1.3.0-beta3

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.
On 8/28/07, Socheat KHAUV <kh...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> the wicket 1.3 beta 3 release already
>
> go and check this trunk release.
>
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/wicket/releases/

This is not how the release process works (tm). Yes you can checkout
from that branch, but you will not have the 'official' release until
we announce its availability. And with 'we' I mean the core Wicket
team.

We (the core team) will only announce the availability of a release when:
 - the release manager is confident no one will vote the release down
(i.e. the vote for the release has run for 72 hours and enough +1
votes have been cast)
 - the mirrorring system has sync'd the distribution (takes 24 hours
after a upload)
 - the maven repository has sync'd the repository

So a release is not available until we say so.

Martijn
(sitting on the release for about 14 hours)