Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Fabio Daprile <fa...@wuerth-phoenix.com> on 2003/04/17 15:37:02 UTC

Send Mails to a Newsgroup

Hello,

i do have the problem of sending mails from my turbine application to a
Newsgroup, via the NNTP protocol.
Is there some jar, or tool to send mails with NNTP.

anyhelp would be appreciated.

Fabio Daprile

--
************************************
Würth Phoenix S.r.l.

Via Kravogl 4
I-39100 Bolzano
Phone: +39 0471  564111 (direct 564066)
Fax: +39 0471  564122
mailto:fabio.daprile@wuerth-phoenix.com
http:// www.wuerth-phoenix.com

Re: Send Mails to a Newsgroup

Posted by Eric Emminger <er...@ericemminger.com>.
Fabio

> i do have the problem of sending mails from my turbine application to a
> Newsgroup, via the NNTP protocol.
> Is there some jar, or tool to send mails with NNTP.

Interesting. Google "java nntp" looks promising.

Eric

Re: [offtopic] dealing with data

Posted by "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <hp...@intermeta.de>.
Jeffery Painter <pa...@kiasoft.com> writes:

You can use a raw screen, set its content-type to text/plain and just
pump out your data. This should work with everything that can open an
URL.

	Regards
		Henning

Posted by Jeffery Painter <pa...@kiasoft.com>.

Posted by Louis Moore <lr...@yahoo.com>.

[offtopic] dealing with data

Re: Send Mails to a Newsgroup

Posted by Eric Emminger <er...@ericemminger.com>.
Fabio Daprile wrote:
> Hello,
>
> i do have the problem of sending mails from my turbine application to a
> Newsgroup, via the NNTP protocol.
> Is there some jar, or tool to send mails with NNTP.

Check out commons net.
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/net/index.html

Eric