Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com> on 2006/09/11 22:35:39 UTC

[ANNOUNCEMENT] Commons JEXL 1.1 released

The Apache Jakarta project would like to announce the release of
Commons JEXL 1.1.

JEXL is an Expression Language supporting most of the constructs in
the JSP Expression Language, with some additional extensions. This
release is available in either binary or source form from the
following download page -

 http://jakarta.apache.org/site/downloads/downloads_commons-jexl.cgi

For more information on Commons JEXL, see the project web site:

 http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/jexl/

Changes in this version include:

New Features:
=============

o Added Script and ScriptFactory to allow scripts to be executed from
   text, files or a URL.
o Added implementation for bitwise operators: and, complement, or, xor.
o Added implementation for the foreach statement.
o Added implementation for the while statement.
o Added implementation for block statements, e.g. curly braces
   containing multiple statements.
o Added implementation for the if statement.
o [JEXL-4] Support assignment to variables.

Bugs fixed:
===========

o [JEXL-17] Consistently throw ParseException in case of a parsing
   failure, not an Error.
o [JEXL-3] Allow for static methods to be called on classes and not
   just objects.
o [JEXL-6] Unary minus was only working for integer values.
o [JEXL-5] Method matching problem.

-Rahul Akolkar

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Commons JEXL 1.1 released

Posted by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>.
On 9/12/06, digby <li...@digby.net> wrote:
> Good news - are there any examples of the new syntax (if, foreach, etc)?
> I couldn't find anything.

<snip/>

Little bits at the bottom of this page:

 http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/jexl/reference/syntax.html

Or go direct to the tests and check out what we're testing against:

 http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jakarta/commons/proper/jexl/trunk/src/test/org/apache/commons/jexl/

Ofcourse, as always, the reference could be improved.

-Rahul

Posted by digby <li...@digby.net>.

Posted by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>.
On 9/11/06, Dion Gillard <di...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Woohoo!!

<snip/>

Thanks to you for all the work that went into it!

-Rahul

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Commons JEXL 1.1 released

Posted by Dion Gillard <di...@gmail.com>.
Woohoo!!

On 9/12/06, Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The Apache Jakarta project would like to announce the release of
> Commons JEXL 1.1.
>
> JEXL is an Expression Language supporting most of the constructs in
> the JSP Expression Language, with some additional extensions. This
> release is available in either binary or source form from the
> following download page -
>
>  http://jakarta.apache.org/site/downloads/downloads_commons-jexl.cgi
>
> For more information on Commons JEXL, see the project web site:
>
>  http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/jexl/
>
> Changes in this version include:
>
> New Features:
> =============
>
> o Added Script and ScriptFactory to allow scripts to be executed from
>    text, files or a URL.
> o Added implementation for bitwise operators: and, complement, or, xor.
> o Added implementation for the foreach statement.
> o Added implementation for the while statement.
> o Added implementation for block statements, e.g. curly braces
>    containing multiple statements.
> o Added implementation for the if statement.
> o [JEXL-4] Support assignment to variables.
>
> Bugs fixed:
>
> o [JEXL-17] Consistently throw ParseException in case of a parsing
>    failure, not an Error.
> o [JEXL-3] Allow for static methods to be called on classes and not
>    just objects.
> o [JEXL-6] Unary minus was only working for integer values.
> o [JEXL-5] Method matching problem.
>

> -Rahul Akolkar

Rule of Acquisition #91: Hear all, trust nothing.