Posted to users@groovy.apache.org by John Wagenleitner <jo...@gmail.com> on 2017/01/28 01:55:23 UTC

Re: when does JsonSlurper return LazyMap vs LazyValueMap ?

On Thu, Jan 26, 2017 at 12:27 PM, garneke <ke...@issinc.com> wrote:

> Update:
>
> I have determined that the difference in the return type has to do with
> the JsonSlurper type.  The INDEX_OVERLAY returns a LazyValueMap.
>

> That being said…
>
> What is the correct way to add a node or otherwise modify the LazyValueMap
> objects?

I think the easiest way to do this if there are no nested objects is to
create a new Map from the LazyValueMap.  If there are no nested objects
then the following would work.

def newMap = new LinkedHashMap(lazyValueMap)
newMap.mediaHash = mediaHash

If there are nested objects then it takes more work as you'd have to
recurse/iterate over each nested LazyValueMap and convert it as well.
There's an issue [1] requesting the ability to convert to a regular map.

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GROOVY-7532

Posted by garneke <ke...@issinc.com>.
Thank you that helped a lot.
BTW the issue you posted https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GROOVY-7532  had example code to walk the json map object and make hard references to objects ( LAX to Normal )

def slurpOpts = jsonSlurperLAX.parse(new File("test.conf"))
slurpOpts.each {k, v -> configOpts2.put(k, slurpOpts.get(k))}

I have a question about this simple example though.  If the json is more complex and has nested maps this solution would be incomplete correct?

I decided to use the following but I don’t know if it is overkill or even valid.  Any thoughts?

  public Map<String, Object> deepCloneJsonMap(Object json){
    Map<String, Object> result = new LinkedHashMap();
    json.each {k, v ->
      if( v instanceof Map )
        result.put(k, deepCloneJsonMap(((Map<String,Object>)json).get(k)))
      else
        result.put(k, ((Map<String,Object>)json).get(k))
    }
    return result;
  }

Thanks again.

http://groovy.329449.n5.nabble.com/when-does-JsonSlurper-return-LazyMap-vs-LazyValueMap-tp5738132p5738176.html

Posted by jim northrop <ja...@googlemail.com>.
A simple question here. The jsonSlurper creates a ConfigObject but i cannot find a way to add an entry to the ConfigObject with the ultimate intention of writing the whole shebang back to the json text file whence it came. Any ideas pls. .?

Sent from my iPad