Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Sébastien Le Fustec <sl...@jetmultimedia.fr> on 2001/12/07 15:36:38 UTC

Disassemble Xml File

Hello,

We would like to disassemble xml file (like Validation.xml, or
struts-config.xml) in
multiple Xml file we include through Xml tags in the validation file.
It is possible ?

Sincerly,
Sebastien Le Fustec

05 62 74 47 23

Re: Disassemble Xml File

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.
On Fri, 7 Dec 2001, Sébastien Le Fustec wrote:

> Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2001 15:36:38 +0100
> From: Sébastien Le Fustec <sl...@jetmultimedia.fr>
> To: struts-user <st...@jakarta.apache.org>,
>      struts dev <st...@jakarta.apache.org>
> Subject: Disassemble Xml File
>
> Hello,
>
> We would like to disassemble xml file (like Validation.xml, or
> struts-config.xml) in
> multiple Xml file we include through Xml tags in the validation file.
> It is possible ?

One approach would be to parse the file in exactly the same way that
Struts does, using the "Digester" component.  Look at the source code for
ActionServlet, in particular the initDigester() method.

> Sincerly,
> Sebastien Le Fustec

Craig McClanahan

Re: Disassemble Xml File

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.
On Fri, 7 Dec 2001, Sébastien Le Fustec wrote:

> Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2001 15:36:38 +0100
> From: Sébastien Le Fustec <sl...@jetmultimedia.fr>
> To: struts-user <st...@jakarta.apache.org>,
>      struts dev <st...@jakarta.apache.org>
> Subject: Disassemble Xml File
>
> Hello,
>
> We would like to disassemble xml file (like Validation.xml, or
> struts-config.xml) in
> multiple Xml file we include through Xml tags in the validation file.
> It is possible ?

One approach would be to parse the file in exactly the same way that
Struts does, using the "Digester" component.  Look at the source code for
ActionServlet, in particular the initDigester() method.

> Sincerly,
> Sebastien Le Fustec

Craig McClanahan