Posted to users@nifi.apache.org by Chris Mangold <cs...@gmail.com> on 2015/05/20 19:56:46 UTC

PutJMS performance reading from NIFI Queue

I am trying to push flowfile messages to ActiveMQ using a PutJMS
processor.  I am generating flow files using either a GetFile or
GenerateFlowFile processor and feeding them to the PutJMS processor via a
NIFI queue.

Issue is that the PutJMS processor never keeps up with the queue and does
not push messages out any quicker then at a rate of 30 seconds.  I have the
PutJMS setup as timer driven with Run Schedule of 0 secs.

Any suggestions.

Thanks,

Chris

--
Chris Mangold

RE: PutJMS performance reading from NIFI Queue

Posted by Mark Payne <ma...@hotmail.com>.
Chris,

If you're going straight from GetFile or GenerateFlowFile, neither of those is going to penalize any FlowFiles, so that's not the issue.

I have two follow-up questions:

1. How many tasks is the Processor reporting in a 5-minute window (the bottom stat that is shown on the Processor itself)?

2. Does there constantly seem to be a thread running or typically there are no threads running (in the top-right corner of the Processor it shows how many threads are currently running. If there is no number in the very top-right corner of the Processor, then no threads are running)? If you keep right-clicking on the graph and then clicking "Refresh" , I'd like to know if there is a number that stays there, or if it generally has no threads.

Thanks
-Mark

________________________________

Posted by Joe Witt <jo...@gmail.com>.
Mark,

Happy to hear you are seeing performance more like you would
anticipate.  I do wonder why the processors are having to yield and
penalize data so much.  That suggests errors are occurring.  Do you
see bulletins about that?

Thanks
Joe

Posted by Chris Mangold <cs...@gmail.com>.

--
Chris Mangold
301-471-5758 (c)

Re: PutJMS performance reading from NIFI Queue

Posted by Jennifer Barnabee <je...@gmail.com>.
Chris,

Posted by Chris Mangold <cs...@gmail.com>.

--
Chris Mangold
301-471-5758 (c)

RE: PutJMS performance reading from NIFI Queue

Posted by Mark Payne <ma...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by Chris Mangold <cs...@gmail.com>.
Mark:

--
Chris Mangold
301-471-5758 (c)

RE: PutJMS performance reading from NIFI Queue

Posted by Mark Payne <ma...@hotmail.com>.
Chris,