Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by Stefano Zacchiroli <za...@bononia.it> on 2003/05/15 15:50:04 UTC

schema implementation details?

Hi Xerces J Developer,
  I'm willing to implemente a subset of the Schema specification (for a
free software project) and I'm wondering about the better way to perform
schema validation/assessment.

I've started looking at the XErces implementation but I've never used
their API and I'm getting a bit lost ...

I'm wondering if there is a document describing your Schema
implementation from the design point of view (other than the online
javadoc, I mean ;-), if yes could someone point me to this document?

If not, could someone give me a really brief description of it? Actually
I'm mainly interested in a few concepts from the XErces implementation:
- which kind of representation do you use for the document being
  validated/assessed (tree, stream, ...)
- how do you manage PSVI information if you are using a stream
  representation
- how do you represent internally Schema grammar (DFA, NFA, tree
  automata, ...)
- ... anything else? ...

Also pointer to specific Java/C interface/implementation are welcome.

TIA,
Cheers.

--
Stefano Zacchiroli  --  Master in Computer Science @ Uni. Bologna, Italy