Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Maxime Bellerose <mb...@acquisio.com> on 2010/07/06 21:25:29 UTC

[users@httpd] Conditional request handling

Hello all,

We are using Apache as the front end web servers for multiple JBoss
application servers.
These servers are receiving and replying SOAP messages ( XML ) to our front
end application written in Flex ( Adobe ) that is served directly through
Apache.

Now that we are receiving more and more visitors, we need to scale the load
better across the JBoss servers.
We want Apache to inspect the SOAP messages, look for a specific field,
compare the filed content to an hash map then apply the proper ProxyPass.

We would have JBoss server group A, B. Each group would have a proxy pass
configuration containing multiple servers connection information and would
be balanced with round-robin.
We initially thought of adding an http header but there are lots of
application calls that we cannot modify for various reasons.

Anyone had success implementing something like this?

--
Merci / Thanks

Maxime Bellerose
Administrateur système et DBA / System administrator and DBA
Tel.: 514-465-2018

Acquisio (Montréal)
465 Victoria, Suite 300
Saint Lambert, QC