Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Todd Nine <to...@gmail.com> on 2008/10/06 02:20:36 UTC

svnadmin dump question

Hi all,
  I have http access to an svn repository, but not command line access to
the host machine.  Does anyone know of any utilities that exist that will
allow me to do the equivalent of an "svnadmin dump" over http?

Thanks,
Todd

Re: svnadmin dump question

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.
On Oct 6, 2008, at 01:02, vishwajeet singh wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 6, 2008 at 8:40 AM, Kevin Grover
> <ke...@kevingrover.net> wrote:
>
>> On Sun, Oct 5, 2008 at 7:20 PM, Todd Nine <to...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I have http access to an svn repository, but not command line
>>> access to the host machine.  Does anyone know of any utilities
>>> that exist that will allow me to do the equivalent of an
>>> "svnadmin dump" over http?
>>
>> Create a synced repo (svnsync) and dump that.
>
> That will again require file system access :)

It will require file system access to the local repo you just
created, but not to the repository you're syncing from. If you can
check out from it, you can svnsync from it. If you can commit to it,
you can svnsync to it.

Re: svnadmin dump question

Posted by vishwajeet singh <de...@gmail.com>.

--
Cheers,
Vishwajeet

Re: svnadmin dump question

Posted by Kevin Grover <ke...@kevingrover.net>.

Re: svnadmin dump question

Posted by Andy Levy <an...@gmail.com>.
On Sun, Oct 5, 2008 at 22:22, Andy Levy <an...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 5, 2008 at 22:20, Todd Nine <to...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>   I have http access to an svn repository, but not command line access to
>> the host machine.  Does anyone know of any utilities that exist that will
>> allow me to do the equivalent of an "svnadmin dump" over http?
>
> svnadmin requires direct filesystem access to the repository database.

Hit send too early.

There aren't any "equivalents" that work via the remote access
protocols. The closest you could get is to check out each revision,
then commit to a local repository using the same log message that was
entered originally, which you can then dump locally. That'd be a
horrible mess to manage though.

Re: svnadmin dump question

Posted by Andy Levy <an...@gmail.com>.