Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jason Efting <de...@yahoo.com> on 2003/06/01 15:36:01 UTC

-Xincgc, -Xms600, -Xmx600

Hi,
Recently my tomcat (jvm rather) 4 server started running at 100% CPU utilization and not service any request for long periods of time. This must be due to the JVM doing garbase collection.

I modified my system register appropriatly and but a few days later (when memory consuption hit 600MB) tomcat started acting funny again.

Here is what I did to modify my register:
1. Stop "Apache Tomcat" service
2. Stop "Apache" service.
3. Modify/Add registry keys.
4. Start "Apache Tomcat" service
5. Start "Apache" service

Please not that I did not restart the entire box.

Platform:
Windows 2000 Server SP3
Tomcat 4
1GB Physical RAM

I cannot see any change I the servers behaviour since I modifeid the registry. What would you suggest I do to test my new settings and ensure that incremental garbage collection is happening?

Thanks
Jason