Posted to user@storm.apache.org by Jason Kania <ja...@ymail.com> on 2014/10/15 20:08:52 UTC

Storm-Kafka and KeeperErrorCode = NoNode

Hello,

I suspect that their is an open JIRA report on this but have not found it although I have found a number of related jiras but none that directly matches. I am getting the following Exception on startup with a topology that uses the storm kafka spout: storm-kafka-0.9.2-incubating.jar

java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.RuntimeException: org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException$NoNodeException: KeeperErrorCode = NoNode for /brokers/topics/mytopic/partitions

Is there any available interpretation of this error to allow it to be resolved or is it a bug that is to be fixed?

Thanks,

Jason

Re: Storm-Kafka and KeeperErrorCode = NoNode

Posted by Parth Brahmbhatt <pb...@hortonworks.com>.
As the exception indicates, this is complaining about a missing zookeeper entry, if you use your zkShell and try to list topics under  /brokers/topics/ do you see an entry for your topic?

By default kafka spout assumes the root of your kafka zk entries is /brokers. If that is not the case you need to specify the zkRoot when you configure your spout. See the zkHosts entry under https://github.com/apache/storm/tree/master/external/storm-kafka

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: Storm-Kafka and KeeperErrorCode = NoNode

Posted by Jason Kania <ja...@ymail.com>.

--
Deepak Subhramanian

Re: Storm-Kafka and KeeperErrorCode = NoNode

Posted by Deepak Subhramanian <de...@gmail.com>.

--
Deepak Subhramanian