Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Oliver Schalch <ol...@wyona.com> on 2006/04/03 12:30:05 UTC

Calling ant targets from Java

Hi List,

I'm trying to bring up my Java app to call targets from *different*
build files.

I noticed somehow that I need a project.init() call, to initialize all
needed stuff, but that will set my projectsfile to build.xml and I need
2 different files.

        Project project = new Project();
        project.init();
        ProjectHelper phelper = ProjectHelper.getProjectHelper();

        /*phelper.parse(project, new File(buildxml));
        project.executeTarget("init");
	*/

        phelper.parse(project, new File(buildgeneratedxml));
        project.executeTarget(prepareAntTargets());

What I want is first calling from build.xml the init targets, thats
all, then after that is done, I need to call targets from the
buildgenerated.xml.

I'm not quite sure how I would do this, any hints and tipps are
apprentiaced...

Thanks,
Oliver

--