Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Granwille Strauss <gr...@namhost.com.INVALID> on 2022/12/08 14:51:27 UTC

Changing VM Name & Display Name Not Possible on 4.17.1.0

Hi

I am trying to change a VM name and its display name via CM, however, I
cannot and get error 530, see attached screenshot. I have stopped the VM
and tried changing it, same results and also rebooted the VM multiple
times no luck.

I tried changing it in the cloudstack DB under table user_vm_view but it
gives me and error that reads "The target table user_vm_view of the
UPDATE is not updatable." Any ideas how I can fix this? The name was
accidentality set to "TestVM" but it was an actual clients VM machine
and we're afraid at some point in future it will be deleted as it is
seen as a "Test VM".

--
Regards / Groete

<https://www.namhost.com> 	Granwille Strauss  // Senior Systems Admin

*e:* granwille@namhost.com
*m:* +264 81 323 1260 <tel:+264813231260>
*w:* www.namhost.com <https://www.namhost.com/>

<https://www.facebook.com/namhost><https://twitter.com/namhost><https://www.instagram.com/namhostinternetservices/><https://www.linkedin.com/company/namhos><https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTd5v-kVPaic_dguGur15AA>

<https://www.adsigner.com/v1/l/631091998d4670001fe43ec2/621c9b76c140bb001ed0f818/banner>

Namhost Internet Services (Pty) Ltd,

24 Black Eagle Rd, Hermanus, 7210, RSA

The content of this message is confidential. If you have received it by
mistake, please inform us by email reply and then delete the message. It
is forbidden to copy, forward, or in any way reveal the contents of this
message to anyone without our explicit consent. The integrity and
security of this email cannot be guaranteed over the Internet.
Therefore, the sender will not be held liable for any damage caused by
the message. For our full privacy policy and disclaimers, please go to
https://www.namhost.com/privacy-policy

Powered by AdSigner
<https://www.adsigner.com/v1/c/631091998d4670001fe43ec2/621c9b76c140bb001ed0f818>

Re: Changing VM Name & Display Name Not Possible on 4.17.1.0

Posted by Granwille Strauss <gr...@namhost.com.INVALID>.
Hi

Thank you Slavka. I managed to change via DB successfully. Also, I
changed other VM now and it seems to work. I think mistake was caused
when I tried changing VM name while instance was running, then it became
glitched. Now, I cannot change it at all and have to do so via DB. But
its ONLY happening for this one VM.

Posted by Slavka Peleva <sl...@storpool.com.INVALID>.
Hi,