Posted to dev@carbondata.apache.org by Kunal Kapoor <ku...@gmail.com> on 2020/04/01 16:24:09 UTC

[VOTE] Apache CarbonData 2.0.0(RC1) release

Hi All,

I submit the Apache CarbonData 2.0.0(RC1) for your vote.

*1.Release Notes:*
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12320220&version=12346046

*Some key features and improvements in this release:*

   - Adapt to SparkSessionExtensions
   - Support integration with spark 2.4.5
   - Support heterogeneous format segments in carbondata
   - Support write Flink streaming data to Carbon
   - Insert from stage command support partition table.
   - Support secondary index on carbon table
   - Support query of stage files
   - Support TimeBased Cache expiration using ExpiringMap
   - Improve insert into performance and decrease memory foot print

 *2. The tag to be voted upon* : apache-carbondata-2.0.0-rc1
<https://github.com/apache/carbondata/tree/apache-carbondata-2.0.0-rc1>

Commit: a906785f73f297b4a71c8aaeabae82ae690fb1c3
<https://github.com/apache/carbondata/commit/a906785f73f297b4a71c8aaeabae82ae690fb1c3>
)

*3. The artifacts to be voted on are located here:*
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/carbondata/2.0.0-rc1/

*4. A staged Maven repository is available for review at:*
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecarbondata-1060/

*5. Release artifacts are signed with the following key:*
https://people.apache.org/keys/committer/kunalkapoor.asc

Please vote on releasing this package as Apache CarbonData 2.0.0,  The
vote will
be open for the next 72 hours and passes if a majority of at least three +1
PMC votes are cast.

[ ] +1 Release this package as Apache CarbonData 2.0.0

[ ] 0 I don't feel strongly about it, but I'm okay with the release

Kunal Kapoor

Re: [VOTE] Apache CarbonData 2.0.0(RC1) release

Posted by Ajantha Bhat <aj...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
For rc1, my comment is : -1

Similar points as Liang but along with that, After #3661, many
documentation link is broken for MV, bloom, lucene datamap from ReadMe.md
We need to fix it soon before the carbondata 2.0.0 release.

Thanks,
Ajantha

Posted by Liang Chen <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi