Posted to dev@marmotta.apache.org by Nilupul Sandeepa <ni...@gmail.com> on 2016/04/23 20:08:09 UTC

(MARMOTTA - 587) KiWi support for Crate DB

Hello Sergio Fernández,
GSoC accepted projects are already published and this project (MARMOTTA -
587) was not on there. I think there was no any mentor available. Therefore
my proposal got rejected. But it is alright I can try again next year
hopefully. Most importantly I still would like to work on this issue. Even
though it is not a GSoC project this year. I would like to whether this is
possible or not.
I already checked what are the available scalar functions and what are not
available with Crate DB. I think implementing plugins for not supported
should be done after basic support in KiWi for Crate DB. And none of the
hash functions are not supported in Crate DB so  I will have a talk with
Crate DB team and will find a way to add those hash functions to Crate DB.

Thank you!

--
*Nilupul Sandeepa*,
Undergraduate,

Re: (MARMOTTA - 587) KiWi support for Crate DB

Posted by Sergio Fernández <wi...@apache.org>.
Hi Nilupul,

On Sat, Apr 23, 2016 at 8:08 PM, Nilupul Sandeepa <ni...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> GSoC accepted projects are already published and this project (MARMOTTA -
> 587) was not on there. I think there was no any mentor available.

Yes, it's sad this year we didn't have the necessary mentor power...

> Most importantly I still would like to work on this issue. Even
> though it is not a GSoC project this year. I would like to whether this is
> possible or not.
> I already checked what are the available scalar functions and what are not
> available with Crate DB. I think implementing plugins for not supported
> should be done after basic support in KiWi for Crate DB. And none of the
> hash functions are not supported in Crate DB so  I will have a talk with
> Crate DB team and will find a way to add those hash functions to Crate DB.

Sure. Even not granted by GSoC, you are always free to make contributions
to the project. In the end the methodlogy we have
https://wiki.apache.org/marmotta/GSoC/Methodology
 is generic enough to allow any kind of contribution. Just fork Marmotta at
Github and explore those ideas.

Cheers,

--
Sergio Fernández