Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Randy Layman <ra...@aswethink.com> on 2002/03/20 12:35:57 UTC

RE: problems connecting to MS Access when Tomca3.2 runs as servic e

	The cause of your error message is that you have the file open
(probably in Access) and the System Account is trying to read the file.  The
JET engine doesn't allow this.

	Your more significant and potentially more dangerous problem is that
you are using the JDBC-ODBC bridge.  This component is not thread safe and
can't/shouldn't be used in a concurrent threads.  Sun also considers this
component "experimental" and not for production usage.  You can see Java's
BugParade for more information on this.

	Randy

8.0583C846-ONC
C2569C9.006EAA84@akl.nz.geniesystems.com%3E discusses the problem where the
driver is not getting loaded. But, the error I get is different -

------------------
SQL EXCEPTION OCCURRED CONNECTING TO DB -[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access
Driver] The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open the file '(unknown)'.
It is already opened exclusively by another user, or you need permission to
view its data.
------------------
 so it seems like the drivers are getting loaded. I am unable to figure out
the problem. Any help would be greately appreciated. I looked at the ODBC
data source that I have created but found nothing that is out of place.

thanks
Srinivas

Re: extends JDBCRealm

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On Wed, 20 Mar 2002, Günter Kukies wrote:

> Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 14:06:00 +0100
> From: Günter Kukies <Gu...@heuft.org>
> To: Tomcat Users List <to...@jakarta.apache.org>
> Subject: extends JDBCRealm
>
> Hello,
>
> I want to write a new MyRealm class that extend from JDBCRealm. The new
> class should do a BASE64 password protection.
> The compilation of the class was sucessfull.

Of course, you can do this with the standard version, by using the
"digest" property on the <Realm> element ...

> Where should I place that class and what entries do I need in the
> server.xml.

To be visible to the Tomcat internals, your class needs to be in one of
two places:

* In an unpacked directory $CATALINA_HOME/server/classes (create it if
  you need), with subdirectories to mirror the package structure in the
  usual way

* In a JAR file in $CATALINA_HOME/server/lib (which is how all the
  standard Tomcat server classes are shipped)

To tell Tomcat to use your realm implementation, simply change the
"className" attribute of the <Realm> element to the fully qualified class
name of your own implementation, instead of
"org.apache.catalina.realm.JDBCRealm".

> Günter

Craig

extends JDBCRealm

tomcat 4.0.3 configuration

Posted by Yuval Levav <yu...@mobilitec.com>.
Hi,
	In my app I use a URL /xxx/servlet/YYY.txt. As you can see, YYY is not a
servlet.
	In web.xml I added a servlet mapping of *.txt to a certain servlet. In
tomcat 3 the mapping worked,
	but tomcat 4 sees YYY as a servlet and tries to activate it.
	How can I configure tomcat not to consider every URL that has /servlet as a
servlet, and go to the mapping instead ?
Thanks,
	Yuval

tomcat3-3.3a-2 HELP

Posted by Huy K Dung <hd...@lending4all.com>.
2002-03-20 14:19:40 - Http10Interceptor: SocketException reading request,
ignored

I saw that error in tomcar.log. Does anyone know what it is.

My app doesn't run because tomcat doesn't load turbine library (jar) in
WEB-INF/lib. I have tried to move all libraries (jars) into tomcat/lib/apps
but it doesn't work either. PLEASE HELP!!!

AW: problems connecting to MS Access when Tomca3.2 runs as service

Posted by Reto Badertscher <rb...@i-netsystems.com>.
Is there a native JDBC driver available for accessing an Access Database.
Need to create and fill a Access Database on behalf of a user request?

Reto