Posted to repository@apache.org by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@googlemail.com> on 2011/02/03 09:53:26 UTC

Publish snapshot from Hudson

Hi,

Is it possible to publish automatically stable builds from Hudson into
ASF Repository ?

Thanks in advance
--
Łukasz
+ 48 606 323 122 http://www.lenart.org.pl/

Re: Publish snapshot from Hudson

Posted by Brian Demers <bd...@sonatype.com>.
As Wes said, I think the user credentials and signatures are the
biggest problem.  We could create a CI user, and you could create a
XX-team key, then all would be merry.

Brian, any idea if that will work from the Infra/legal/etc side of things?

Posted by Brian Fox <br...@infinity.nu>.
Sorry, I wasn't following this thread recently. The known hudson
machines already have accounts that can deploy org.apache.* snapshots
only, so it should "just work" TM

Posted by Brian Demers <bd...@sonatype.com>.

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Brian Demers <bd...@sonatype.com>.
Lukasz,

Are you using your personal account ?  If so create an ASF infra
(Nexus) issue and we can fix that.

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@googlemail.com>.
Many thanks, it works!

Regards

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@googlemail.com>.
2011/2/4 Norman Maurer <no...@apache.org>:
> Just use mvn clean package deploy...

Thanks, that was the answer I was looking for :D

Kind regards

Posted by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>.
On Fri, Feb 4, 2011 at 5:17 PM, Norman Maurer <no...@apache.org> wrote:
> Just use mvn clean package deploy...

And the latest Apache parent POM :-)

/niklas

Re: Publish snapshot from Hudson

Posted by Norman Maurer <no...@apache.org>.
Just use mvn clean package deploy...

Bye
Norman

Posted by Wes Wannemacher <we...@wantii.com>.

--
Wes Wannemacher

Head Engineer, WanTii, Inc.
Ask me for a quote!

Re: Publish snapshot from Hudson

Posted by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>.

Posted by Wes Wannemacher <we...@wantii.com>.

--
Wes Wannemacher

Head Engineer, WanTii, Inc.
Ask me for a quote!

Re: Publish snapshot from Hudson

Posted by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>.

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@googlemail.com>.
Even users noticed that problem

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WW-3292

Kind regards

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@googlemail.com>.
2011/2/4 Francis De Brabandere <fr...@gmail.com>:
> You can just do a mvn clean deploy to get your artifacts in nexus

Yes, I know that but:
- it's slow - I have 6Mb network connection with 0,5 Mb upload only,
so it takes around an hour to upload everything
- I have to monitor changes to source code all the time - not really
efficient and doesn't work good for other teammates
- Hudson already did the, just one more step, upload everything into
the repository

> I suppose you have to extend the apache parent for this to work
> without extra config.

Struts 2 already extends the latest Apache Parent, so it shouldn't be a problem.

Kind regards

Posted by Francis De Brabandere <fr...@gmail.com>.
You can just do a mvn clean deploy to get your artifacts in nexus

I suppose you have to extend the apache parent for this to work
without extra config.

example: https://hudson.apache.org/hudson/job/Empire-DB%20snapshot/

Cheers,
Francis

http://www.somatik.be

Re: Publish snapshot from Hudson

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@googlemail.com>.
2011/2/4 sebb <se...@gmail.com>:
> Why get Hudson to archive the build, and then tell developers to
> download it from there?
> Saves a lot of copying around.

I'm talking about Maven archetypes, Hudson doesn't support Maven users
in such a case as I know.

Kind regards

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Wes Wannemacher <we...@wantii.com>.