Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by "Casey, Greg" <GC...@Engage.com> on 2000/07/13 00:12:22 UTC

Namespaces...

Hey, folks....

I'm using the SaxParser in version 1.2.0a of Xerces-C, and I'm trying
desperately to use Namespaces. I have turned on the Namespaces functionality
of the parser by calling:

parser.setDoNamespaces(TRUE);

But, I just can't seem to get them to work. Could anyone send me a sample
XML document that uses/declares a namespace. I feel like I'm probably just
not declaring my namespace correctly, but I can't find any examples of how
it's supposed to be done.

Here's an example of one of the ways that I tried to make it work:

<Authentication xmlns:enga='path to dtd/enga.dtd'>
    <enga:Name>blah</Name>
    <enga:Password>blah</Password>
</Authentication>

The parser always reports that "enga:Name" is an unknown element.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

-gtc

Greg Casey
Software Developer