Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Pierre <ge...@sympatico.ca> on 2000/10/19 19:14:30 UTC

Dynamic form and checkboxes

Subject: Dynamic form and checkboxes

Hi,

I forgot to follow the 'dynamic form' thread when the subject was hot, and
now I can't retrieve the posts to pick some ideas...

Here is my 'dynamic form' problem. I must create a form with a collection of
checkboxes to allow the user to choose various options. The checkboxes will
be generated by an application tag, the number and types depending on the user
profile.

How can I have a dynamical ActionForm class to manage all these checkboxes?
Should I create a *big* class with all setOptionNNN/getOptionNNN functions, in
order to support all checkboxes combination or can I write generic get/set
functions using indexed properties? Or is there a better alternative...

Thanks for any hint.
Pierre Metras