Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Paul Szulc <pa...@gmail.com> on 2010/09/01 17:06:19 UTC

Re: Remove support for Portlets in Wicket 1.5

-1

--
Best regards,
Paul Szulc

http://www.paulszulc..com

Re: SV: Remove support for Portlets in Wicket 1.5

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.
this has already been done, its a bit too late for -1 votes. the
thread was started aug 11.

-igor

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.

SV: SV: Remove support for Portlets in Wicket 1.5

Posted by Wilhelmsen Tor Iver <To...@arrive.no>.
> A -1 vote would be a vote against dropping support.  You seem to be
> making
> an argument for dropping it.  Plus it wasn't your -1, was it?

Ah, then I misunderstood. Was a bit early in the morning I guess.

And if you only wanted a reply from him you would have sent a private email instead of posting to the public list, would you not? :)

- Tor Iver

Re: SV: Remove support for Portlets in Wicket 1.5

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.

On Sep 2, 2010 3:41 AM, "Wilhelmsen Tor Iver" <To...@arrive.no> wrote:
>> Usually -1 votes should be accompanied by a justification if you want
>> them to be considered seriously. Why are you voting -1?
>
> Moving portlet support to a separate project (instead of core or
extensions) makes more sense, that is at least one justification.

> (I guess this would in effect be making a "portlet bridge" like IIRC the
support pre-1.4-m2 used. But then it could be moved over to the Apache
portlet bridge project as a whole, if that is still active?)

> Popularity of JSR-168/286 seems to be waning, and people instead use
portals implemented directly on top of a content system instead...

Posted by Wilhelmsen Tor Iver <To...@arrive.no>.

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.