Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Josh2007 <jo...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/09 10:07:23 UTC

2.2 trunk - Servlet Service set attribute in global session but lose it at next servlet call.

Hello,

I have a main block (block-a) which makes calls to a depend block (block-b).

Block-b has access to the global session.

At the first call from block-a, block-b creates a session-attribute "test".
I noticed this session-attribute can be retrieved within block-b (right
after setting it), but not within block-a.

At the second call from block-a, block-b needs to read the session-attribute
"test" it has created at the first call, but cannot find it anymore:
session-attr "test" doesn't exists.

My question:
Does it mean, you can set up a session-attribute in a dependent block only
available for the time of the request? Which means if I make another request
the session-attribute will not be available anymore?

Is there a way to set a session-attribute in a dependent block and make it
available for the duration of the global session?

Thanks,

Josh

My Cocoon blocks version:
cocoon-core: 2.2.1-SNAPSHOT
cocoon-servlet-service-components: 1.1.0-SNAPSHOT
cocoon-template-impl: 1.2.0-SNAPSHOT
cocoon-flowscript-impl: 1.1.0-SNAPSHOT

Re: 2.2 trunk - Servlet Service set attribute in global session but lose it at next servlet call.

Posted by Josh2007 <jo...@gmail.com>.
Reinhard, thanks for your quick reply.

I created a new issue:

COCOON-2194
Session-attr set in dependency blocks destroyed after servlet call.

Regards,

Josh

Posted by Reinhard Poetz <re...@apache.org>.