Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by nino martinez wael <ni...@gmail.com> on 2011/03/29 14:33:04 UTC

Wicket 1.5 and Tomcat 7 encoding issues?

Hi Guys

Im not sure if this is a wicket issue (I don't think so). But we are
experiencing encoding(æøå) issues with Tomcat 7.0.11 after using
Apache Wicket 1.5-rc2. However this issue does not occur when running
Jetty..

Anyone has an idea on howto fix this?

regards Nino

Re: Wicket 1.5 and Tomcat 7 encoding issues?

Posted by Andrea Del Bene <ad...@ciseonweb.it>.
No, I'm running my application in a development environment, that is
tomcat started by Eclipse and I've got just one application. Its web.xml
is the following:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
     version="2.4">

<display-name>UgoCert</display-name>

<!--
         There are three means to configure Wickets configuration mode
and they
         are tested in the order given. 1) A system property:
         -Dwicket.configuration 2) servlet specific <init-param> 3) context
         specific <context-param> The value might be either "development"
         (reloading when templates change) or "deployment". If no
configuration
         is found, "development" is the default.
     -->

<filter>
<filter-name>charsetEncoding</filter-name>
<filter-class>it.cise.commons.utility.servletFilter.CharacterEncodingFilter</filter-class>

</filter>

<filter>
<filter-name>wicket.UgoCert</filter-name>
<filter-class>org.apache.wicket.protocol.http.WicketFilter</filter-class>
<init-param>
<param-name>applicationClassName</param-name>
<param-value>it.cise.gesagen.portal.WicketApplication</param-value>
</init-param>
<!-- <init-param>
<param-name>configuration</param-name>
<param-value>deployment</param-value>
</init-param> -->
</filter>

<filter-mapping>
<filter-name>charsetEncoding</filter-name>
<url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
</filter-mapping>
<filter-mapping>
<filter-name>wicket.UgoCert</filter-name>
<url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
</filter-mapping>
<session-config>
<session-timeout>4096</session-timeout>
</session-config>
</web-app>

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Andrea,

do you have any other filters which process the request before WicketFilter
?

On Wed, Mar 30, 2011 at 4:34 PM, Andrea Del Bene <ad...@ciseonweb.it>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> maybe I've got the same problem. I'm using Wicket 1.5 RC3 (but with tomcat
> 6.0.32) and each italian character (èàòì...) went lost, even if page
> encoding was UTF-8. I've tried each of the previous suggestions but they
> didn't work.
> I've solved it adding a filter to my app, as described here
> http://wiki.apache.org/tomcat/FAQ/CharacterEncoding#Q3
>
> Hope this could help.
>
>  I remember something about it, I'll try it and tell if it made a
>> difference..
>>
>> thanks
>>
>> 2011/3/30 Antoine van Wel<an...@gmail.com>:
>>
>>> Maybe this in application startup?
>>>
>>> getMarkupSettings().setDefaultMarkupEncoding("UTF-8");
>>>

>>> Antoine

Martin Grigorov
jWeekend
Training, Consulting, Development

Re: Wicket 1.5 and Tomcat 7 encoding issues?

Posted by nino martinez wael <ni...@gmail.com>.
:/

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.

Posted by nino martinez wael <ni...@gmail.com>.