Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Ivan Ivanov <ra...@yahoo.com> on 2004/06/02 19:02:38 UTC

Code cleaning tasks

Dear Colleagues,

can you point me a tool with ant tasks, which can
review Java source files and clean their code, i.e.
1) organize imports - if there are imports like
import java.util.*;

the tool change it to
import java.util.Vector;
import java.util.HashMap;
... and so on

2) corrects the identation of the code
3) removes all non-javadoc comments - people often
tend comment non-working or unneeded blocks of code.
Soon the code gets polluted with comments like
//Too drunk to fix it :))

Third one is most important for us since any decent
IDE can do the 1) and 2).

Thank you very much in advance

Ivan

Re: Code cleaning tasks