Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Mike Müller <mi...@mysign.ch> on 2010/10/28 11:58:09 UTC

release managment help

Hi

Okay, here we are - I need some help to promote the
sling explorer release 1.0.0:

1) Which of the files I do have to copy to
/x1/www/www.apache.org/dist/sling on people.apache.org?
All files which are under [1]? If yes, which is the most efficient
way to download them all from there (locally I do not have the
md5 and sh1 files).

2) Should I deploy Sling Explorer also to Sling OBR?

[1] https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachesling-007/org/apache/sling/org.apache.sling.extensions.explorer/1.0.0/

best regards
mike

Re: release managment help

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Justin Edelson  wrote

>>> Yeah. You should have all the files in your local Maven repository.
>>
>> All the sha1 and md5 files are missing in the local Maven repository,
>> the other files are present. I downloaded the missing files from [1]
>> which is a bit annoying. Any idea why the sha1 and md5 are not present
>> in the local repo?
>>
> No. I'll try to pay better attention the next time I cut a release.
>
>> And some further problem: logged in to https://repository.apache.org
>> but "Promote" is a disabled action, only "Release" is possible here.
>> Is the description under [2] correct or do I have to use "Release" here?
>>
>> [2] http://sling.apache.org/site/release-management.html
>>
> That may have changed with a recent Nexus upgrade. Try it and if the artifacts are on central a few hours from now, you'll know it worked (and then please change the docs).

Yes, it changed - "Release" is now the new function to use.

Regards
Carsten
--
Carsten Ziegeler
cziegeler@apache.org

Re: release managment help

Posted by Justin Edelson <ju...@justinedelson.com>.
On Oct 29, 2010, at 4:33 AM, Mike Müller wrote:

>>> Okay, here we are - I need some help to promote the
>>> sling explorer release 1.0.0:
>>>
>>> 1) Which of the files I do have to copy to
>>> /x1/www/www.apache.org/dist/sling on people.apache.org?
>>> All files which are under [1]? If yes, which is the most efficient
>>> way to download them all from there (locally I do not have the
>>> md5 and sh1 files).
>>>

>> Yeah. You should have all the files in your local Maven repository.
>
> All the sha1 and md5 files are missing in the local Maven repository,
> the other files are present. I downloaded the missing files from [1]
> which is a bit annoying. Any idea why the sha1 and md5 are not present
> in the local repo?

No. I'll try to pay better attention the next time I cut a release.

> And some further problem: logged in to https://repository.apache.org
> but "Promote" is a disabled action, only "Release" is possible here.
> Is the description under [2] correct or do I have to use "Release" here?
>
> [2] http://sling.apache.org/site/release-management.html

That may have changed with a recent Nexus upgrade. Try it and if the artifacts are on central a few hours from now, you'll know it worked (and then please change the docs).

Thanks,
Justin

RE: release managment help

Posted by Mike Müller <mi...@mysign.ch>.