Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "Mohamed, Amgad" <Am...@ams-europe.com> on 2006/02/16 16:07:58 UTC

convert from XSL-FO to MSWORD

Dear All,

Is there is any way to convert from XSL-FO to MSWORD?

Best Regards,
Amgad Hanafy.

Re: convert from XSL-FO to MSWORD

Posted by Chris Bowditch <bo...@hotmail.com>.
Mohamed, Amgad wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> Is there is any way to convert from XSL-FO to MSWORD?

I guess you could convert XSL-FO to RTF, as Word can open RTF files. FOP
has an RTF Renderer which you can try, although its not as complete as
the PDF Renderer.

Chris

Re: convert from XSL-FO to MSWORD

Posted by Clay Leeds <we...@mac.com>.
You could also convert to RTF. If that's good enough, you're done. If
not, I suspect there are tools which convert from RTF to MS Word.

On Feb 16, 2006, at 7:52 AM, Jay Bryant wrote:
> > Is there is any way to convert from XSL-FO to MSWORD?
>
> Sure. You'd need to write a collection of templates to match the
> elements of an XSL-FO file and create the corresponding WordML
> elements. I think a truly generic converter would be a LOT of work,
> but, for situations where you are dealing with a well-known set of
> documents, it shouldn't be too hard.
>
> I've done other kinds of XML to WordML, and XSL-FO is just another
> kind of XML.
>
> HTH
>
> Jay Bryant
> Bryant Communication Services

Clay Leeds
webmaestro@mac.com

-- HH Dalai Lama of Tibet

Re: convert from XSL-FO to MSWORD

Posted by Jay Bryant <ja...@bryantcs.com>.

Posted by "Mohamed, Amgad" <Am...@ams-europe.com>.
I found this style sheet http://fo2wordml.sourceforge.net/ which convert xsl-fo documents into WordML this succeeded with text but when there is graphics the images are omitted in addition to that not all the colors are mapped ,does any one know any reliable style sheet to convert from xsl-fo to wordML with all formatting tags (tables , images , links , columns, colors,etc...)?

Is there any XSLT to convert to XML to gnumeric xml , CSV?

Best Regards,
Amgad Hanafy,
 amgad.mohamed@ams-europe.com