Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Giriraj Bhojak <gi...@gmail.com> on 2015/04/22 03:58:27 UTC

Questions regarding http-conf:client

Hello,

I would like to know how the proxy specific properties(ProxyServer,
ProxyServerPort and ProxyServerType) of client element of http-conf as per
this link should be used.

I need to call a JAX-WS endpoint that is accessed via proxy over https.

Do I need to import proxy certificate in the JAX-WS client keystore? I am
assuming this is a needed step since the access is over https.

I have configured the http:conduit element for SSL support without using
these proxy attributes, I am not sure how the configuration should look
like if the web service invocation happens via proxy. I am not sure though
if the http:conduit setting is being picked up. The endpoint URL is
pointing to proxy(https://myproxy/mywebservice) . The proxy in turn
converts this to a host specific url by changing the url to something like (
https://host/mywebservice).

I hope I have made my question(s) clear.
I am using CXF version 2.7.11.

Thanks,
Giriraj.

Re: Questions regarding http-conf:client

Posted by Giriraj Bhojak <gi...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Aki.
I did that and i am getting following error:

java.security.cert.CertPathBuilderException:
Unable to find valid certificate path to requested target.

I have verified the certificate from gateway/proxy and it is trusted, is
there a way I can debug to identify the cause of this issue?
I am going to try using javax.net.debug JVM property, but could you
recommend anything else?

Thanks,
Giriraj.
Giriraj,
The proxy properties in the client configuration is for the http proxy
that sits between your client and the target http/https server and
tunnels your connection through. From your description, I don't think
you are using the http proxy. What you have sounds like some kind of
central dispatcher or gateway that accepts a request and dispatches it
to another server. In that case, you don't configure the http proxy
properties but simply configure your endpoint against this gateway
address and imports its certificate to your client's truststore. CXF's
SSL configuration page explains how this is done.
http://cxf.apache.org/docs/client-http-transport-including-ssl-support.html

regadrs, aki

Posted by Aki Yoshida <el...@gmail.com>.
Giriraj,