Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by Paul Spencer <pa...@mindspring.com> on 2021/09/14 14:50:17 UTC

Supported Java Version for Karaf 4.3.x?

Per the Downloads page, http://karaf.apache.org/download.html, Karaf 4.3.x is supported under Java 11+, but the required version in the root pom.xml, https://github.com/apache/karaf/blob/main/pom.xml, the required Java version is 1.8.  Additionally I have been developing bundles for Karaf 4.3.x using Java 1.8.

Is Karaf 4.3.x supported under Java 1.8?
If not, why is the required Java version in pom.xml 1.8?

Paul Spencer

Re: Supported Java Version for Karaf 4.3.x?

Posted by JB Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Supported version at core is jdk11+ (including 17).

However most of Karaf core services are still jdk8 compliant, even if compiled with JDK 11.
We don’t guarantee third party deps.

That’s why we encourage people to use jdk11.

Regards
JB