Posted to users@archiva.apache.org by Mester Of Jester <me...@yahoo.com> on 2008/02/12 09:02:26 UTC

Setup Help - you have entered an incorrect username and/or password

Hi all;

I tried searching for this problem but couldn't find a reference. I installed Archiva 1.0.1 on tomcat 6 on a debian machine. I followed the instructions on the admin guide. I was able to login as admin and create few users. My users can access the maven repository by using direct URL, (even when I lock the guest account my users can authenticate with their username passwords when using the direct url for the repository.) i.e. http://hostname:8080/archiva/repository/internal/
But they cannot login using the management user interface. When ever I try to enter username password I get the error "You entered an incorrect username and/or password".
I tried to look at the log files and couldn't find anything relevant. Not sure if the two problems are related or not but I have not recieved any emails from Archiva as well. So I have two questions:
1. any idea on how I can fix the incorrect username password problem from the web application
2. Where can I change the mail settings? (our university mail policy is probably blocking everything, I need to set it up to use our servers. )

Thank you for your help

M.

---------------------------------

Re: Setup Help - you have entered an incorrect username and/or password

Posted by Björn Stenersen <bj...@si-software.de>.
Hi, i got the same problem, and it does not matter wether i use a legal
password or not when creating the user. 'Resend Validation' is not possible
to use for me because our smtp-server rejects the mail due to
security-reasons, too. Every time i try to create an user the exception
below is logged to the log-files. No matter wether using a correct pw or
not. Am i doing something wrong or is this a known issue?
Thanks Björn

89578 [http-8080-Processor25] INFO
com.opensymphony.xwork.interceptor.Interceptor:redbackSecureActionInterceptor
- org.codehaus.plexus.redback.xwork.interceptor.SecureActionInterceptor
initialized!
89906 [http-8080-Processor25] ERROR
org.codehaus.plexus.velocity.VelocityComponent:default  - ResourceManager :
unable to find resource 'VM_global_library.vm' in any resource loader.
90000 [http-8080-Processor25] INFO
com.opensymphony.xwork.interceptor.Interceptor:redbackSecureActionInterceptor
- org.codehaus.plexus.redback.xwork.interceptor.SecureActionInterceptor
initialized!
90031 [http-8080-Processor25] INFO
com.opensymphony.xwork.interceptor.Interceptor:redbackSecureActionInterceptor
- org.codehaus.plexus.redback.xwork.interceptor.SecureActionInterceptor
initialized!
91094 [http-8080-Processor25] INFO
com.opensymphony.xwork.interceptor.Interceptor:redbackForceAdminUserInterceptor
- Admin user found. No need to configure admin user.
91531 [http-8080-Processor25] INFO
com.opensymphony.webwork.views.freemarker.FreemarkerManager  - Instantiating
Freemarker ConfigManager!,
com.opensymphony.webwork.views.freemarker.FreemarkerManager
141437 [http-8080-Processor23] WARN  com.opensymphony.xwork.util.OgnlUtil  -
Caught OgnlException while setting property 'principal' on type
'com.opensymphony.webwork.dispatcher.ServletActionRedirectResult'.
ognl.NoSuchPropertyException:
com.opensymphony.webwork.dispatcher.ServletActionRedirectResult.principal
	at ognl.ObjectPropertyAccessor.setProperty(ObjectPropertyAccessor.java:132)
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork.util.OgnlValueStack$ObjectAccessor.setProperty(OgnlValueStack.java:67)
	at ognl.OgnlRuntime.setProperty(OgnlRuntime.java:1656)
	at ognl.ASTProperty.setValueBody(ASTProperty.java:101)
	at ognl.SimpleNode.evaluateSetValueBody(SimpleNode.java:177)
	at ognl.SimpleNode.setValue(SimpleNode.java:246)
	at ognl.Ognl.setValue(Ognl.java:476)
	at com.opensymphony.xwork.util.OgnlUtil.setValue(OgnlUtil.java:188)
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork.util.OgnlUtil.internalSetProperty(OgnlUtil.java:362)
	at com.opensymphony.xwork.util.OgnlUtil.setProperties(OgnlUtil.java:78)
	at com.opensymphony.xwork.util.OgnlUtil.setProperties(OgnlUtil.java:51)
	at com.opensymphony.xwork.ObjectFactory.buildResult(ObjectFactory.java:186)
	at
org.codehaus.plexus.xwork.PlexusObjectFactory.buildResult(PlexusObjectFactory.java:166)
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.createResult(DefaultActionInvocation.java:173)
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.executeResult(DefaultActionInvocation.java:310)
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocation.java:208)
	at
org.codehaus.plexus.redback.xwork.interceptor.SecureActionInterceptor.intercept(SecureActionInterceptor.java:159)
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocation.java:190)
	at
org.codehaus.plexus.redback.xwork.interceptor.PolicyEnforcementInterceptor.intercept(PolicyEnforcementInterceptor.java:149)
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocation.java:190)
	at
org.codehaus.plexus.redback.xwork.interceptor.AutoLoginInterceptor.intercept(AutoLoginInterceptor.java:156)
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocation.java:190)
	at
org.codehaus.plexus.redback.xwork.interceptor.ForceAdminUserInterceptor.intercept(ForceAdminUserInterceptor.java:76)

Posted by Maria Odea Ching <oc...@apache.org>.
Hi M,

This is a known Redback issue which affects Archiva 1.0 and 1.0.1:
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/REDBACK-117

As a workaround, resend the validation email to the users and let the users
validate it.

Thanks,
Deng