Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by he...@rigel.orion-hosting.co.uk on 2005/05/08 21:11:23 UTC

Advice

Compiling mp2 as non-root was a definite good bit of advice - make test
was a success this time - no failures - thanks!
This probably negates the entire error report I mailed before - when (i
can anticipate some in the next ten minutes!) I run into problems again
i'll be crawling back!

Henri

Re: Advice

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
henri@rigel.orion-hosting.co.uk wrote:
> Compiling mp2 as non-root was a definite good bit of advice - make test
> was a success this time - no failures - thanks!
> This probably negates the entire error report I mailed before - when (i
> can anticipate some in the next ten minutes!) I run into problems again
> i'll be crawling back!

It'd be nice to figure out why it didn't work under root, as it should
work. It's an issue with Apache-Test, not mod_perl though. Therefore you
could just download Apache-Test from CPAN and try its 'make test' under
root. You should probably have the same problems. And as mentioned above
please send all the details (t/REPORT output) so we can figure out what
went wrong. Thanks.

In any case, in the future, when following up please reply to the existing
thread and don't start a new thread everytime, as it makes harder to keep
track of things, especially for those who per-use email archives.

Thank you.