Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Sylvain Lebresne <sy...@datastax.com> on 2012/05/08 11:04:16 UTC

[RELEASE] Apache Cassandra 1.0.10 released

The Cassandra team is pleased to announce the release of Apache Cassandra
version 1.0.10.

Cassandra is a highly scalable second-generation distributed database,
bringing together Dynamo's fully distributed design and Bigtable's
ColumnFamily-based data model. You can read more here:

 http://cassandra.apache.org/

Downloads of source and binary distributions are listed in our download
section:

 http://cassandra.apache.org/download/

This version is maintenance/bug fix release[1]. As always, please pay
attention to the release notes[2] and Let us know[3] if you were to encounter
any problem.

Have fun!

[1]: http://goo.gl/u8gIO (CHANGES.txt)
[2]: http://goo.gl/mAHbY (NEWS.txt)
[3]: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA

Re: [RELEASE] Apache Cassandra 1.0.10 released

Posted by Radim Kolar <hs...@filez.com>.
Dne 8.5.2012 15:25, Sam Tunnicliffe napsal(a):
> I couldn't say categorically that this would cause the deleted data to reappear in read results, but I can see how
> it could do.
You think it can remove long standing problems with counters?

Re: [RELEASE] Apache Cassandra 1.0.10 released

Posted by Sam Tunnicliffe <sa...@beobal.com>.
Hi Jonas,

the bug that was fixed in 4116 meant that the max timestamp recorded
for an sstable didn't consider any tombstones from row deletions. This
meant that from some queries, some sstables were not being read when
they should have been. I couldn't say categorically that this would
cause the deleted data to reappear in read results, but I can see how
it could do.

Cheers,
Sam

Posted by Jonas Borgström <jo...@borgstrom.se>.