Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Filipe Marinho <fi...@SE.EFACEC.PT> on 2005/06/23 17:24:43 UTC

background event listener

Hi

Is there a way of setting a default event??
I wanted to catch the background mouse click event.

My file structure is

<svg>
	<g>
	</g>
	<g>
	</g>
	<g>
	</g>
</svg>
I tryied to add a event listener on svg root element ("<svg>") but it won't
do.
I didn't want to change the structure (due to a lot of code changes) to:
<svg>
<g>
	<g>
	</g>
	<g>
	</g>
	<g>
	</g>
</g>
</svg>
and set the high level g element.
But if it is the only way to do it....

Thank you for the help.

Filipe Marinho
filipe.marinho@se.efacec.pt
> EFACEC Sistemas de Electrónica, S.A
> Rua Engº Frederico Ulrich
> Apart. 3078 - 4471-907 Moreira Maia
> PORTUGAL
Telf 229402000

Re: background event listener

Posted by Te...@apcc.com.
yes, it is the "glasspane" technique.

             Tonny Kohar
             <to...@kiyut.com>
             06/23/2005 01:43          batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org

                                                                   Subject
             Please respond to         Re: background event listener
             batik-users@xmlgr
             aphics.apache.org

Hi,
On Thu, 2005-06-23 at 16:24 +0100, Filipe Marinho wrote:
> Hi
>
> Is there a way of setting a default event??
> I wanted to catch the background mouse click event.

How about creating big large transparent rectangle to capture the mouse
event.
If I am not wrong this is covered by Apache Batik Wiki on DnD

Regards
Tonny Kohar
--
Sketsa