Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Michael C.Jaeger" <mc...@ivs.tu-berlin.de> on 2004/09/16 14:33:38 UTC

query handler for owl-s descriptions

Hello,

we have done some work with managing web services descriptions using
OWL-Services (owls). owls is a proposal for an upper ontology to
describe the web service and provide classifications using an OWL
ontology or other calssification mechanisms. for more info see

	http://www.daml.org/services/owl-s/

for our application we need to query the owls description of a web
service. we found it useful to query these files just like the wsdl
file. So we have added a query handler to the axis implementation to
query the file with '?owls'. owls files can be maintained (uploaded,
managed etc.) with a tiny JSP implementation.

so if anyone like that way of querying owls descriptions (or wants to
realise a similar approach for querying for files), he might take this
implementation freely for re-using it:

	http://ivs.tu-berlin.de/Projekte/owlsplugin/

regarding the software we have provided some ant targets for building
and deploying it - should be OK to adopt. Have fun!

best regards,

Michael CJ.

// --  Michael C. Jaeger, TU Berlin, EN6, Einsteinufer 17, 10587
Berlin, Germany
// --  Tel/Fax +49 30 314-79838 / -24573, http://ivs.tu-berlin.de/