Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Ahmet Arslan <io...@yahoo.com> on 2010/08/20 19:49:38 UTC

Re: Logging in Embedded SolrServer - What a nightmare.

> So, Embedded Solr Server keeps logging queries and other
> stuff in my stdout.

I came across same problem. While looking for a solution I read your post.
I was able to find a solution by chance, so i wanted to share.
When I run my program with this parameter and logs disappeared.

java -Djava.util.logging.config.file=logging.properties

Re: Logging in Embedded SolrServer - What a nightmare.

Posted by solruser489 <da...@gmail.com>.
For anyone else who is still having this issue, the following may help. The
embedded SOLR server uses sl4j for logging, which is a facade over other
logging frameworks. It achieves this by looking for a 'binding' jar for the
implementation framework in the classpath. In my case I had the 'simple'
binding (slf4j-simple.jar) in my classpath, which is a non-configurable
simple console logging implementation binding that logs everything from INFO
up. Simply remove this jar from your class path to default to the NOP
logger, or replace it with another logging framework binding jar (such as
slf4j-log4j.jar) and configure it as per that framework's requirements.

Hope this helps!