Posted to commits@cassandra.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2009/08/31 16:56:03 UTC

[Cassandra Wiki] Update of "FAQ" by JonathanEllis

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Cassandra Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by JonathanEllis:
http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/FAQ

  == What happens to existing data in my cluster when I add new nodes? ==

- Once the bootstrapping task (213) has been finished, it will be moved to new nodes appropriately.
+ Start the new nodes with the -b [bootstrap] option and it will contact other nodes in the cluster to move the right data to it.