Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Haile, Mussie" <Ha...@Pragmatics.com> on 2004/11/10 18:05:47 UTC

Maven Remote Repository 7 SSL

Hej et al -

I am trying to access a maven remote repository which is protected by SSL. I
have added my cert in the jre's keystore but still I get the following
error:

Attempting to download log4j-1.2.8.jar.
Error retrieving artifact from
[https://mycompany.com/repository/log4j/jars/log4j-1.2.8.jar]:
javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.ValidatorException: No
trusted certificate found

Here are the steps I followed:

1) %JAVA_HOME%\bin\keytool -import -keystore
%JAVA_HOME%\jre\lib\security\jssecacert -file maven.cer -alias maven
2) I modified my project.properties with the following:
maven.repo.remote=https://mycompany/repository/

Do I need to specify the keystore alias any where?  How does Maven know I
have a cert stored?

Re: Maven Remote Repository 7 SSL

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
try setting -Djavax.net.debug=true (I think that is the option).
General Java SSL troubleshooting on google will probably help here.

I've never tried Maven over SSL, but its built into the JRE 1.4 and I
assume commons-httpclient.

- Brett