Posted to alexandria-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Jeff Martin <je...@synamic.co.uk> on 2000/11/09 10:42:34 UTC

Modularization of Alexandria build

At the moment the alexandria.xml file allows people to build either the
whole set of documents or some subsection (menu, content, jxr)

I would like to allow a greater degree of control of what is built so that
different parts could be build with different frequencies. I would be nice
to be able to just rebuild a single module or just a single section of docs
within a module.

So far I've not really settled on a good way to do this (mostly due to not
having spent enough time examining what actually happend during the build).

I've been thinking of three ways to acheive this and just thought I'd run
them past people before I actually dive in.

1) Try to create a more unique set to ant targets eg modulename_javadoc,
modulename_build.
2) Seperate each module into it's own build file.
3) Use ant properties and the if attributes to allow a properties file to be
used to configure which parts are run.

Anyone got any thoughts on the subject?

Re: Modularization of Alexandria build

Posted by "Kevin A. Burton" <bu...@relativity.yi.org>.

NSA PLO spy SEAL Team 6 bomb class struggle Panama Semtex Honduras KGB DES $400
million in gold bullion Waco, Texas kibo fissionable