Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by Brett Ryan <br...@gmail.com> on 2021/12/09 07:09:52 UTC

macOS with Windows Keyboard and Command and Option keys swapped

Greetings all, this one's been a small annoyance that I have been getting
around by using JDK 1.8.0 to start NetBeans for some time now. As JDK 1.8.0
causes NETBEANS-6272
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NETBEANS-6272> making
12.6 less useable with JDK 1.8.0 I finally got around to raising
NETBEANS-6273 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NETBEANS-6273>.

My issue relates to the fact that swapping command and option keys on a
windows keyboard on macos means means that NetBeans no longer recognises
the option key being pressed by itself, however, holding option, then a
quick tap and release n shift makes NB then recognise that option is being
held.

I use this key for navigating between words like option + left/right etc.

I query if anyone is experiencing this and has some kind of other
workaround that allows use of later JDK's?