Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Paweł Szulc <pa...@gmail.com> on 2016/05/16 13:40:55 UTC

Apache Spark Slack

I've just created this https://apache-spark.slack.com for ad-hoc
communications within the comunity.

Everybody's welcome!

Paul Szulc

twitter: @rabbitonweb
blog: www.rabbitonweb.com

Re: Apache Spark Slack

Posted by Matei Zaharia <ma...@gmail.com>.
I don't think any of the developers use this as an official channel, but all the ASF IRC channels are indeed on FreeNode. If there's demand for it, we can document this on the website and say that it's mostly for users to find other users. Development discussions should happen on the dev mailing list and JIRA so that they can easily be archived and found afterward.

Matei

> On May 16, 2016, at 1:06 PM, Dood@ODDO <od...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On 5/16/2016 9:52 AM, Xinh Huynh wrote:
>> I just went to IRC. It looks like the correct channel is #apache-spark.
>> So, is this an "official" chat room for Spark?
>>

> Ah yes, my apologies, it is #apache-spark indeed. Not sure if there is an official channel on IRC for spark :-)

Re: Apache Spark Slack

Posted by Do...@ODDO, od...@gmail.com.

Re: Apache Spark Slack

Posted by Xinh Huynh <xi...@gmail.com>.
I just went to IRC. It looks like the correct channel is #apache-spark.
So, is this an "official" chat room for Spark?

Xinh

Re: Apache Spark Slack

Posted by Paweł Szulc <pa...@gmail.com>.

On 5/16/2016 6:40 AM, Pawe\u0142 Szulc wrote:
> I've just created this https://apache-spark.slack.com for ad-hoc
> communications within the comunity.
>
> Everybody's welcome!

Why not just IRC? Slack is yet another place to create an account etc. -
IRC is much easier. What does Slack give you that's so very special? :-)