Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Martin Matusiak <nu...@gmail.com> on 2011/06/09 13:42:14 UTC

couchdb - python - django

Greetings,

I'm sure you've had this question before, so pardon me for asking. I'm
building a site with django and couch and since I'm sorta new to both
I'm wondering what you would recommend in terms of libraries. I'd like
to use the most "canonical" one if possible, for a sane
support/upgrade path, but I can't figure out which that is. The two
most mentioned seem to be couchdb-python and couchdbkit, with the
latter looking like a single developer effort.

Aside from that, however, there are quite a few couch related
libraries on the package index:
http://pypi.python.org/pypi?%3Aaction=search&term=couch&submit=search

In particular there is something called django-couch-utils, which
includes some support for the django authentication api, but
internally it depends on something called couchdbcurl which looks like
an early fork of couchdb-python.

So I'd like to ask if anyone has recent (ie. 2011 era) experience with
django/couch and what you could recommend. What's the status on django
support, what seems to be maintained etc.

Thanks,
Martin

Re: couchdb - python - django

Posted by Alexander Shorin <kx...@gmail.com>.
couchdbkit has much better django integration. However, probably you
would like to mix them to build pure Python applications:
couchdb-python has Python query-server and other useful tools.

Re: couchdb - python - django

Posted by Stefan Kögl <ko...@gmail.com>.
Hi,