Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Bas Gooren <ba...@iswd.nl> on 2011/09/16 23:34:02 UTC

1.5 bug: nested component ids cannot start with dash when dealing with links

See https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WICKET-4061 for further details.

Just thought I'd send it to the group. I guess more people are upgrading
to 1.5 right now, and this can cause applications to break in an
unexpected fashion.
When dealing with ids that start with one or more dashes (e.g.
"-my-id"), stateful links inside those components will break.

We use component ids with dashes quite a lot to indicate them being
"internal" and prevent duplicate ids in inherited pages.