Posted to user@drill.apache.org by Kevin Shen <ke...@gmail.com> on 2018/11/15 02:14:44 UTC

about Persistent Configuration Storage

Hi,
I am new to Drill. And I tried to run drill in the docker with embedded
mode.
But I found when i restart my container the storage configuration lost. So
I'm thinking is there a way to share the store folder in my docker host ?
Is there anyone know this ?

BTW, I've check the page of Persistent Configuration Storage in the
documents . (https://drill.apache.org/docs/persistent-configuration-storage/)
But found nothing help .

Thank you.

Kevin.

Re: about Persistent Configuration Storage

Posted by Paul Rogers <pa...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Hi Kevin,

Drill normally runs in server mode where storage config is stored in ZooKeeper. When run in embedded mode, configuration is stored in /tmp/drill (I believe).

Charles, I believe you know the magic config setting to point the directory elsewhere. Can you share that? Or Abhishek, can you explain how you handle this in the K8s container?

If you are running in a container, you will want to mount that directory location from the host so that the data is persistent across Drill and container restarts.

Or, you could leverage the container published on the Drill web site. Abhiskek can perhaps point you to the details.

Thanks,
- Paul