Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Tony Kurc <tr...@gmail.com> on 2016/02/07 01:34:39 UTC

[DISCUSS] Apache NiFi 0.5.0 RC1

Hello
We put together the RC1 for nifi-0.5.0. Because we found some early bugs,
as already mentioned on this list, we will not be holding a vote, but
wanted to have some community feedback and testing before putting together
another release candidate.

The source zip, including signatures, digests, etc. can be found at:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachenifi-1071

The Git tag is NIFI-1379-RC1
The Git commit ID is c0c7024ffdcb77267ae60942012c7999085e4b3f
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=nifi.git;a=commit;h=c0c7024ffdcb77267ae60942012c7999085e4b3f

Checksums of nifi-0.5.0-source-release.zip:
MD5: 6ed99039e0e98e607139c37887d3d35c
SHA1: e64f72a97a5bd484d606af3d12caa41ca531c322

https://people.apache.org/keys/committer/tkurc.asc

KEYS file available here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/nifi/KEYS

103 issues were closed/resolved for this release:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12316020&version=12334158

Release note highlights can be found here:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NIFI/Release+Notes#ReleaseNotes-Version0.5.0

Please download the release candidate and evaluate, especially the ability
to build from source, and test.

Thanks,

Tony

Re: [DISCUSS] Apache NiFi 0.5.0 RC1

Posted by Lars Francke <la...@gmail.com>.
Okay this turned out easier than expected. Happy to report that building
the NiFi tarball as documented in the README worked and was easy and it
starts up just fine.

Posted by Lars Francke <la...@gmail.com>.
Hi Tony,