Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Manu Chadha <ma...@hotmail.com> on 2020/12/10 09:01:42 UTC

ScalarDB

Hi

Has anyone in the group used ScalarDB which adds ACID functionality to Cassandra? I am facing couple of issues (which actually might be how ScalarDB is suppose to work). I need advice on how to solve the issues

I have created the issues in `SO`

  1.  https://stackoverflow.com/questions/65226546/how-to-serialise-requests-in-cassandra-using-scalardb
  2.  https://stackoverflow.com/questions/65225306/what-should-be-the-values-of-tx-fields-if-a-row-is-entered-from-cqlsh-instead-fr

I was able to solve (1) by adding dummy entries for missing fields. It seem to work but I am not sure if this is safe.

On (2), the issue seems to related to how ScalarDB works (I could be wrong). Say two transactions read the same value from a table and one commits (new value) before the other. The other one fails as it notices that its read is stale now. While this seems logical, isn’t it a common scenario which might happen very frequently in high traffic applications? What is the way to solve the problem?

regards
Manu