Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Vladimir Ivanov <iv...@gmail.com> on 2006/11/22 06:12:31 UTC

[drlvm][build] the build is broken for default checkout

Some time ago, the DRLVM build worked OK for default checkout
ws
 |----classlib
 |      |---trunk
 |----drlvm
        |---trunk

Now the build failed with message:
C:\cc.harmony\trunk\cc\projects\drlvm\trunk\build\make\build.xml:72: Cannot
find
C:\cc.harmony\trunk\cc\projects\drlvm\working_classlib/make/properties.xml
imported from
C:\cc.harmony\trunk\cc\projects\drlvm\trunk\build\make\build.xml

I now what I should update but may be we do it working by default?

 Thanks, Vladimir

Re: [drlvm][build] the build is broken for default checkout

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@pobox.com>.

Vladimir Ivanov wrote:
> Some time ago, the DRLVM build worked OK for default checkout
> ws
> |----classlib
> |      |---trunk
> |----drlvm
>        |---trunk
>
> Now the build failed with message:
> C:\cc.harmony\trunk\cc\projects\drlvm\trunk\build\make\build.xml:72: Cannot
> find
> C:\cc.harmony\trunk\cc\projects\drlvm\working_classlib/make/properties.xml
> imported from
> C:\cc.harmony\trunk\cc\projects\drlvm\trunk\build\make\build.xml
>
> I now what I should update but may be we do it working by default?

This is due to a combination of two things, I suspect.  First, I think
that the extern.dep.CLASSLIB setting was adjusted to default to the
'federated build' configuration, rather than the 'old school' config we
are using with cc.  (We need to fix that...)

Also, it has to do with something that I added this morning, using the
properties.xml from classlib in drlvm for test exclusion lists filename
creation.

The fix is simple - just correct the setting for the
extern.dep.CLASSLIB.loc property in drlvm.properties (copy the
drlvm.properties.example file to drlvm.properties, and fix)

Yes, we need to fix this so it "just works" with CC.

geir