Posted to dev@poi.apache.org by Rainer Klute <ra...@gmx.de> on 2003/02/06 07:38:11 UTC

Checkstyle removal

> acoliver    2003/02/05 12:32:59
>
>   Removed:     tools/cents checkstyle.cent.jar
>   Log:
>   removed per sam.  Against policy (LGPL).  (Autodownloads if you need it
> anyhow)

That's okay as long as it is still possible to do a normal build (including
test, docs, and javadocs) even if you are disconnected and autodownload
fails.

Best regards
Rainer Klute

--
                   RAINER KLUTE IT-CONSULTING
  Dipl.-Inform.

Re: Checkstyle removal

Posted by Rainer Klute <ra...@gmx.de>.
> To run the the new build you must first install centipede (seperately) and
> run cent "target".  Think of Centipede like a "make" or something.  You
> don't store make in each project.

Sounds good - technically. Those who don't want to go through that hassle of
doing a build should just use the binary distribution.

Best regards
Rainer Klute

Re: Checkstyle removal

Posted by Glen Stampoultzis <gs...@iprimus.com.au>.
+1

At 10:02 AM 6/02/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>To run the the new build you must first install centipede (seperately) and
>run cent "target".  Think of Centipede like a "make" or something.  You
>don't store make in each project.
>
>The reasoning is that centipede downloads plugins like checkstyle seperately
>and uses them against whatever.
>
>Nicola Ken can explain in more detail.  Needless to say, the new centipede
>is a giant step forward.  I need to check with him on the site build
>though... that might not have been migrated.  I can't wait to get the rest
>of centipede out of our repository, then auditing which I intend to do
>monthly will take like 5 minutes.  (for all three jars we optionally depend
>upon ;-) )
>
>-Andy

Re: Checkstyle removal

Posted by ac...@apache.org.

Re: Checkstyle removal

Posted by Rainer Klute <ra...@gmx.de>.

Re: Checkstyle removal

Posted by "Andrew C. Oliver" <ac...@apache.org>.
If you use the new build (via centipede) it works.  If you do the old
build it fails (if disconnected).  If you do the site build, that
obviously fails (cause like the checkstyle is part of the site).
Anyhow, we don't have a choice in the matter.

-Andy