Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Christopher Painter-Wakefield <pa...@mc.duke.edu> on 2004/05/04 18:34:39 UTC

Re: Vote: to unify, or not to unify

> [I don't want to barge in on things here or step on anybody's toes. My
> intention is only to get some direction so I can help contribute to the
> Cocoon documentation. Although I am a relative newbie any my Cocoon
skills
> are 1/1000th of the vets lingering around on this list, I think that's
> exactly what qualifies me to help contribute to the user documentation.]

I agree.  I wrote docs when I was relatively new to Cocoon, which helped
me learn more about Cocoon and the topics I was documenting, and let me
write docs from the point of view of someone who didn't already understand
all of the internals.  We should encourage this!

In the absence of a fourth choice, I'll vote for "C".  My suggestion is,
if you want to help out by writing documentation, write it on the topics
that confuse(d) you.  If enough folks did this, we'd have all the bases
covered, and the consensus approach would emerge automatically.  In an
ideal world....

-Christopher