Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Bernd Waibel <BW...@intarsys.de> on 2015/01/28 14:09:09 UTC

AW: Need Help: LoadRunner with James 2.3.2 [unsigned]

Hello Mahesh,

I don't know "Load Runner". But I do know something about "mail errors". So here is my opinion.

There are some common mail errors, like the ones you mentioned:
- mail address without <>
- boundary errors (missing boundry, etc)
- filename errors (like missing "" around filenames)

Most of the time we get this errors in spam mails or in virus mails.
So if you have got a spam and virus blocking firewall before James, the wrong formatted mails may just get deleted.
And may be the "Load Runner" mails get lost to, if your firewall thinks it is a spam mail.
We normally do not have "real mails" with this errors, only spam and virus.

These common mail errors may lead to an error in james, but strictliy speaking it is an error in the "SUN Java Mail API" Implementation (mail.jar). There are a few "options" you could set when you start james. If you set this options, this wrong formatted mail may be handled not "so strict" as defined by the mail standard.

E.g. you could set the options in the /etc/init.d/phonix.sh startup-script on linux, like (in one line):
export PHOENIX_JVM_OPTS="-Dmail.mime.applefilenames=true
-Dmail.mime.parameters.strict=false
-Dmail.mime.ignoreunknownencoding=true
-Dmail.mime.encodeeol.strict=true
-Dmail.mime.multipart.ignoremissingendboundary=true
-Dmail.mime.multipart.ignoremissingboundaryparameter=true"

This may help in handling the mails.

And yes, firewalls may correct the syntax.

And I think your are right with:
   “the email sent from the Load
   Runner may not be conforming to the SMTP standards. Our gateway is tolerant
   to these non-standard clients and might be formatting the SMTP message as
   per the standard”

Regards,

Bernd Waibel

Posted by Mahesh Sivarama Pillai <sr...@gmail.com>.
Thank you Bernd, Let me try these options. I will get back to you.

Thanks
Mahesh