Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by James Hill <hi...@gmail.com> on 2013/12/02 23:45:49 UTC

idmpad.conf

Hi,

I was wondering if you can help me, I am currently trying to set up a
private cloud using Apache Cloudstack. In the documentation it says to edit
the idmpad.conf and remove the comment and replace with your domain name of
your company. I am setting up a test private cloud within my house so
haven't a domain name can I leave this blank or?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Many thanks in advance
James

RE: idmpad.conf

Posted by Shashi Dahal <s....@leaseweb.com>.
Hi James,

When you mount your primary/secondary to test it in hypervisor/management-server, the ownership  of files created in the nfs mount must appear as root:root and not nobody:nobody

It is simple to test it

mount nfs-server:/some/folder  /mnt/secondary
cd /mnt/secondary/
touch abc
ls -al abc

and check the file owner/group .. if its root :root , you should be fine), but if you see nobody:nobody, then you will need to set this to the correct domain name. System Logs  will generally show what domain you need to set.

Cheers,
Shashi

Re: idmpad.conf

Posted by David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>.
It can be set to anything you'd like, provided all of the hosts you
spin up, have it set to the same value.

--David