Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Ben Stover <bx...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2014/07/13 20:00:50 UTC

How to setup threshold in SpamAssassin.sfd for Thunderbird?

I resp. my mail provider set up an server side SpamAssassin filter for incoming emails.

As far as I know SpamAssassin calculates a spamscore and puts a corresponding header field
X-SPAM-SCORE into each msg header.

Now when I use Thunderbird client with POP3 to fetch all new incoming msgs from server
users have to setup somehow a threshold e.g. 47 or whatever.

When Thunderbird finds an X-SPAM-SCORE of 47 or above it judges the current incoming msg as junk otherwise as good.

Now where and hwo EXACTLY can I setup this individual threshold in Thunderbird?

I guess its somehow specified in a file SpamAssassin.sfd but I have no clue on how to define it there.

I would appreciate if someone could give me a guide on how to accomplish this?

Thank you
Ben

Yes, I have to disabled TBs built-in adaptive junk mail control. So junk mail handling relys only on SpamAssassin.

Re: How to setup threshold in SpamAssassin.sfd for Thunderbird?

Posted by Robert Schetterer <rs...@sys4.de>.
Am 13.07.2014 20:00, schrieb Ben Stover:
> I resp. my mail provider set up an server side SpamAssassin filter for incoming emails.
>
> As far as I know SpamAssassin calculates a spamscore and puts a corresponding header field
> X-SPAM-SCORE into each msg header.
>
> Now when I use Thunderbird client with POP3 to fetch all new incoming msgs from server
> users have to setup somehow a threshold e.g. 47 or whatever.
>
> When Thunderbird finds an X-SPAM-SCORE of 47 or above it judges the current incoming msg as junk otherwise as good.
>
> Now where and hwo EXACTLY can I setup this individual threshold in Thunderbird?
>
> I guess its somehow specified in a file SpamAssassin.sfd but I have no clue on how to define it there.
>
> I would appreciate if someone could give me a guide on how to accomplish this?
>
> Thank you
> Ben
>
> Yes, I have to disabled TBs built-in adaptive junk mail control. So junk mail handling relys only on SpamAssassin.

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Junk_Mail_Controls

You can change the preference using Tools -> Options -> Advanced ->
General -> Config Editor. Enter junk in the Filter field to show only
the preferences that contain junk in their name, and then double-click
on mail.adaptivefilters.junk_threshold, enter a value lower than the
default 90 in the edit field and press the OK button. Many users report
good results with values of 30 or lower.

some plugins written on that page may help too

it may be a good idea also, to stop TB junk control in complete
and setup a normal TB filter honoring Server X-Spam-score what you like

Best Regards
MfG Robert Schetterer

--
[*] sys4 AG