Posted to user@predictionio.apache.org by Dipen Patel <pa...@gmail.com> on 2016/09/06 12:49:13 UTC

Fwd: Can The Classification Engine Handle Multiple Sets of Independent Data

Hello,

I am interested in using predictionio's classification engine. Would the
classification be able to accurately classify if it had data consisting of
multiple independent sets of data. For instance, if a training data set
accepted the id corresponding to a movie director, the amount of money
spent filming the movie, and the views the movie received, could one
classification engine be able to predict the amount of views a movie would
be likely to receive if the training data had included data of different
directors? My concern is that not having a separate classification engine
instance for each director will cause the single classification engine to
mistakenly use data from other directors.

Thanks.

Re: Can The Classification Engine Handle Multiple Sets of Independent Data

Posted by Kenneth Chan <ke...@apache.org>.
 you can filter the data you need by using PEventStore API or modifying the
DataSource.scala. Then train different engine instance with different
configuration.

Posted by Donald Szeto <do...@apache.org>.
Hi,